Innovative Python Programming
This package provides a more expansive and personalized immersion into the possibilities of Python development than a traditional course would. Through fun projects, interactive code-alongs, and engaging lessons, this experience will challenge students to think outside of the box, applying computer science and problem-solving skills to their daily lives. It will also introduce one Python library of the student’s choice to encourage deeper exploration into Python.
Which is the student most interested in?
- Game development using the PyGame module
- Image processing and object detection using the OpenCV module
- App development––building graphical user interfaces using the Tkinter module
- Data analysis using the Pandas module
This course will allow students to:
- Design, create, and test software applications using Python to automate tasks and perform calculations.
- Apply and conceptualize foundational programming concepts, including variables, data types, operators, control flow, and functions, to perform calculations or automate daily tasks.
- Understand and implement object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts of classes, objects, and inheritance.
- Work with some of Python’s built-in data structures, including lists and dictionaries.
- Create and apply custom functions to organize code and make it more reusable.
- Learn to research and understand code documentation to effectively utilize Python libraries to extend program functionality.
- Gain exposure to real-world applications of Python and understand how Python can be used to solve complex problems in various industries.
- Develop critical thinking, logical reasoning, and creative problem-solving skills by applying programming concepts to build real-world solutions.
- Gain familiarity with software tools commonly used in Python development, specifically Pycharm to run Python code and GitHub to manage code changes.